HYDRAULIC WATER MODEL
VILLAGE OF PECATONICA, IL
Artisan provided full engineering and land surveying services for a hydraulic water model for the Village of Pecatonica in Winnebago County, Illinois. The elements of water model project include the following;
• Used the existing GIS as the basis for a new generated accurate hydraulic model of the Village’s water distribution system.
• Gathered and incorporated any required data that was not included in the existing GIS. Such information included mechanical and operational data such as pump curves, system usage data, component control and capacity conditions.
• Tested the hydraulic model against existing conditions.
• Ran steady state and extended period models. This was in order to make assessments of system strengths and weaknesses and to provide rational guidance for system improvements.
• Generated a future condition model consistent with the Village’s comprehensive plan, and used the model to make recommendations for improvements that efficiently support expected future growth.